BABOK for Dummies (English version)
On Tuesday March 5th, on request of our members, IIBA NL will repeat the event "BABOK for dummies". This time in English. On January 22nd we did the same program in Dutch. The selected topic “BABOK for dummies” resonated well with our members and resulted in an overwhelming interest. Despite snow and the biggest traffic jam ever, 40 participants joined the event. Those who didn’t make it: on March 5th is your next opportunity to join!
As IIBA NL, we obviously promote BABOK. BABOK stands for "Business Analysis Body of Knowledge". It is published by our mother organization IIBA and describes the field of Business Analysis through tasks, techniques and competencies. Knowledge of BABOK will help you understand the mechanisms of organizational change and provides a framework that guides you through this process.
Both speakers of this evening are from the IIBA NL Board of Directors.
Martin Bloemendal – “BABOK for dummies”
Martin is a Business Analyst with over 15 years of experience as a Business Analyst. He has been a Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) for the last 6 years. Martin is currently working as an independent Business Analyst. His clients have been Atradius, Randstad Group, ABN-AMRO, ING, Rabobank, the SVB and transavia.com. Finally, Martin is a current members of the IIBA NL Board of Directors.
In his presentation, Martin will explain BABOK based on everyday examples. He covers in his speech the following topics:
- The 6 knowledge areas and their tasks
- Business Analysis techniques
- Other parts of BABOK such as Business Analysis Core Concept Model, underlying skills of a Business Analyst and perspectives on Business Analysis.
Katarzyna Kot - Workshop BABOK
Katarzyna owns BA Coach, a small training and consultancy company. She is a Business Analyst, trainer and coach with over 15 years of experience in the high-tech and financial sectors. She has worked for many international organizations such as Philips, NXP Semiconductors, ASML, ING Bank, Rabobank and AEGON. Katarzyna is an elected President of IIBA NL in November 2018. In the workshop you will:
- evaluate in which areas of BABOK you work.
- understand how your tasks related to BABOK tasks,
- reflect how to apply BABOK in your organization
- 17:30-18:15: Walk in and Dinner
- 18:15-19:00: Presentation: BABOK for Dummies
- 19:00-19:15: Break
- 19:15-20:15: Workshop BABOK
- 20:15-20:45: Wrap-up and drinks
The presentations will be held in English.